Friday, December 26, 2008

Brown Recluse Spider - Aust Warning


Brown Recluse spider


Subject: Fw: Spider Bite - Info from Westmead Hospital Check this out - VERY
NASTY little SPIDER
This is a real warning from Westmead Hospital.
I have also looked at the following Web Sites

a.http://dermatology.cdlib.org/DOJvol5num2/special/recluse.html


This is a newly known spider, so please take note. Has been found all over Eastern Aust and heading to WA. Looks similar to a huntsman.
This spider is in all states.
Not a good look!!
Please take note of this spider - it is very dangerous. Please warn kids
and send to every one you know to alert them as well! This spider is
breeding at a rapid rate of speed and is being found in more and more
houses!!!!


Day 5


Day 6



Day 9



Day 10


h/t: Joyce


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was bitten on the foot by a Brown Recluse spider. It resulted in a two week hospital stay with strong anti-biotics administered via iv. The wound took 18 months to completely heal.

Once I went thru this I then heard other stories of Brown Recluse bites including a few that resulted in limb aputation.

Bad little devils. Their poison is as dangerous as some venomous snakes.

This happened in Texas, USA.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Christine Wasankari said...

I was bitten once too but the Doc thought perhaps I killed it before too much toxin got in.

My wound was only about the size of a dime. Hurt like hell, made me sick for a few days, skin got nasty and sloughed off, but I lucked out just the same.

Darn thing crawled (and I didn't feel it? I must be mad) right into my jeans pant leg and bit me on the calf. Felt like a sledge hammer hit me.

I pounded the heck out of my leg as soon as it bit me. Probably mashed it to a pulp. Got sick that evening and into the next day.

Anyway, awful creatures. Experts insist we do not have them in Washington State, but we do have a little creepy cousin to it. The hobo. I guess it's none too nice either. I kill everything that remotely resembles either of them, they are similar.

Creepy things.

5:01 PM  
Blogger eloivsdiablo said...

Thanks for the warning, looking up at the plastic spider I have blue-tacked to the wall doesn't seem so funny any more...

8:37 PM  
Blogger Fidothedog said...

Is there any way you could get a few of these critters and send them to:

James Gordon Brown PM
10 Downing Street
London

Cheers and we live in hope :-)

2:28 PM  
Blogger MathewK said...

Damn, that's scary, i've just went round the house and deployed chemical units to the front lines, those SOBs are going down, hard.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home