Friday, September 08, 2006

Western Defence

Jihad Denied
comments like the one below ring true for more and more Westerners -

Like many Americans, I was indifferent to Islam before 9/11 - I actually believed that Islam was a "religion of peace." After 9/11, like many Americans, I started asking questions about Islam, and how Islam could be used by someone as motivation/justification for such a heinous act. I started asking questions. I started reading. I started debating it with friends, which encouraged further research.
The more I learned about Islam, the worse it got. Besides the astonishing amount of violence perpetrated in the name of Islam, I learned how controlling and intolerant Islam is. I learned how Islam does not allow its adherents to exercise free will or freedom of conscience. I learned that Islam is a religion of compulsion. I learned the true depths of misogyny as taught by Islam. (I could go on, but I'd be preaching to the choir.)

When I was younger and read Revelations, I wondered how anybody could do some of the things described in Revelations. Then in the past couple of years, I've seen news reports coming out Islamic regions in the Middle East showing Muslims doing those things. I have come to the conclusion that Islam is the Church of the Devil prophesied of in the Bible.

I truly feel sorry for the many Muslims who have never had a chance to exercise freedom of conscience, and sincerely hope that someday they will have a real opportunity to make an informed choice with regard to their religious affiliation and which god they choose to worship.